Competency Based Training & Assessment (CBT & A)
CBT& A is an important element of the National Skills Strategy (NSS), which is the basis of the ongoing TVET sector reform in Pakistan. Under this paradigm shift, the CBT programmes are delivered by adopting a systematic approach, focusing on better employability of the trainees with strong market linkages. Through competency based assessment, the trainees are assessed after completing the programme and awarded high quality national vocational certificates.
ITHM with collaboration of NAVTTC introduced the pioneer CBT&A program in 2017. These CBT programs enable the learners to acquire competencies, which are recognized by the industry all over the country through competency standards set under NVQF. The CBT&A programs are delivered and assessed by certified trainers and assessors. ITHM Faisalabad has trained 125 students in the Domestic Skilled Worker trade and 75 in Level 02 NVC in Cook trade till now and generated the 100% competent results in it.
The key features and advantages of CBT & A Programmes:
- are focused on skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes/values.
- describe observable, demonstrable and assessable performance.
- are broader in scope than a mere list of specific tasks or skills.
- offer greater prospective of employability to the learners.
- enable the informal skilled workers to get their skills assess and certified through recognition of prior learning and current competencies.
- involve industry in all the steps of training delivery right from designing the skills to assessment and placement of the skilled workers.
- allow flexibility in the movement of learners from one institution to another.